The Roncal Valley Mountain Centre ( Larra-Belagua) and its Nordic ski trails are in the Valley of Belagua in Isaba, in the east of the Navarrese Pyrenees. Outstanding facilities in a wonderful part of the Pyrenees mountains, where you can enjoy the snow to the full.
The centre is divided into two sectors, EL FERIAL, home to the main building with first aid post, Ski School, equipment hire, bar, restaurant, shops, lockers, spa area and up to 16 km of cross-country ski trails and snowshoe routes.
The La Contienda sector has a small building with cafe, first-aid post and 5km of cross-country trails and snowshoe routes.
1600-1720 mts / 10 km
Located on the edge of the Larra karst formation and the Mountain pine woods, the area provides access to Zampori. When snow conditions permit, the area of El Ferial joins up with Bortuko, making for more than 16 km of ski trails.
1680 mts / 4,.9 km
Located on the Larra karst formation, La Contienda has an amazing landscape.
• Car parks: One at El Ferial and a smaller one at La Contienda.
• Ticket offices to enter trails: at El Ferial and La Contienda.
• Maintenance and signposting: snowmobiles and snow groomers.
• Information: In the El Ferial building, on Tel.: 948 394062; email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and at the Tourist Information Offices in Roncal, on Tel.: 948 475256, and in Isaba, on Tel.: 948 89 32 51.
• Other services: first-aid post, Ski School, equipment hire, bar, restaurant, shop, lockers, spa area
Further information at www.roncalia.com
LE BRACA (France)
2 km from the centre, the Woods of Le Braca provide a perfect setting for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing over undulating terrain between thick woodland and small clearings. The 25 km of official, signposted trails in this mixed wood of beech, fir and pine trees reach the Mountain-top bar of “Pas de l’Ours”. Le Braca is only accessible on snowshoes via a track from the centre if you want to discover this unique area. The ticket office and picnic room are in the Reception Building near the car park. Equipment for hire at the centre.
Tel.(33) 559 66 20 85
• Tel. (33) 559 36 00 26 ó (33) 559 34 62 06
6 km from Pierre-St-Martin, Issarbe has a total of 31 km of trails, also suitable for snowshoeing. The trails can be accessed via the southern entrance coming from the centre or via the Reception Building coming from Lanne. The Reception Building houses: the ticket office, equipment hire, a picnic room and a cafe. Skiers arriving at the southern entrance must bring their own equipment.